Sunday, January 7, 2007

Holding His Hand

Ex 33:15... And he said to Him, If Your presence does not go with me, do not carry us up from here.

How many of us know that all the promises of God are yes and amen? How many of us, believe all of His promises and walk in the eternal security of salvation? I certainly believe and stand upon the word of God but let me say something shocking, it is not enough.I have all those things and I will be eternally grateful. Yet I have just came though a dry time and not the first. I am not even sure how long.This morning I reached out my hand into the darkness and cried out to Jesus..............Oh how I miss you.

And very silently, without any warning,He was holding my hand. And all of a sudden, that world is there again. The world of endless possibilities. It does not matter if there are dark skies or endless blue ones when I hold His hand. Whether it rains or whether brilliant shafts of light break through whimsical clouds, its all the same to me when I hold His hand. If I can barely see through my tears of if I wear the most illuminated smile, it matters not when I hold His hand. In the depths of trials or when all is right with the world its all the same when I hold His hand. If I mourn the loss of a loved one or I am in the arms of my lover , I am never lost when I hold His hand.

The sweet all consuming joy of His presence. This heart of a lion that beats within the chest of a lamb. This all consuming power of love that rises victoriously above all the battles of life. What battle field do you find yourself on today? Do you battle the unseen enemy of unforgiveness? Or has someone wronged you and bitterness knocks at your door? Is depression seeking to overwhelm you? Has the power of darkness, in all its many forms come to challenge you today? Perhaps the darkness comes from without, or maybe there is hidden darkness from deep within? Today, right now, close your eyes and reach out your hand into the darkness of your situation. Cry out to Jesus, tell Him how much that you miss Him and ask Him to take your hand. Your situation may not change, but the darkness will flee. You will be blessed in the midst of your circumstances and you will stand upon the Rock which is higher than your circumstances. He will prepare a table before you in the presence of your enemies.Just as Jesus made an open shame of His enemies who had gathered to gloat at his "defeat," you to will do the same and from the ashes of your circumstances, the Lord will make something beautiful and victorious. Pray this prayer today if you can.

Dear Father in heaven. In the magnificent name of Jesus I cry out to you this day that you would go with me Lord. Let the cloud of your presence protect me from the searing heat of trials and tribulations that I may not be overwhelmed and let your all consuming fire light up the darkness of my darkest nights and that I may warm myself from the chill of the cold reality of this world. Lord I reject the reality of this world and all its fears and I embrace the reality of a world I cannot see, your world, a world of endless possibilities where hope is the wellspring of my heart............In Jesus' name........Amen

No comments: